Inside BBS Awards - One day with Dustin Dynasty Nelson- Interview



In Conversation with Dustin Dynasty Nelson


Music Producer at Kaleidoscope Music
Music Producer at DogEatDog Records

Central Florida based Breakbeat/Dutch Bass/Complextro Producer/Rapper/Song Writer/Dj

Founder and CEO of Beast Mode Recordz

With a seasoned game and a trained ear for today's edgy and catchy sounds. Dynasty is taking the dance world with no prisoners! Whether he is writing catchy lyrics to a vocal anthem or producing a beat with cutting edge sound. Dynasty has proved he has what it takes to deliver some of today's hottest Breakbeats. With numerous collaborations with some of the most innovative artists in the game and new music being released by K5 Music Productions, Breakz R Boss and Dog Eat Dog Records. Dynasty is capable of shocking any crowd. Either in the studio or behind the decks. Dynasty packs a punch strong enough to sting for years to come!!

INTERVIEW:

BBS AWARDS 2018 

Hello and welcome to BBS AWARDS 2018. 
Today I have been joined by super DJ and producer Dustin Dynasty Nelson - Florida.
Hi! Nice to have you here in BBS Awards.


What are some words you would use to describe this year (2018)?

Growth, Dedication, Victory, Perseverance

Booty Drop Original Mix - Kaleidoscope Music
Can you tell us what you like best about your track?

I really enjoy the percussion and slamming beat! Also, it’s my first song with just me and Sweet Charlie.

Can you tell us about the new project you will be working on in 2019?

This year I plan on launching my own record label and continue to reach out to quality artists. I will also continue to build my orchestral cue catalog even further. 

Imagine walking inside the studio; please, can you speak to me through a typical day? What are your habits?

I never really stop thinking about music, no matter what I am doing or where I am at! I 
always try to have a game plan together before I go into the studio! I use my away time to gather a general idea of the mood or sound I am aiming for before I start working on it in the studio. Sometimes I spend days going through all of my music content; labeling, 
archiving, and shaping sounds that I know I will eventually use for a song later down the road! 
When I make a song I usually start with the beat and build it up until it sounds full, 
punchy and likes it can carry the song without sounding too repetitive. Once I have a well-rounded beat put together I go to my piano and start to freestyle until I play something that sounds catchy! After I record in my midi, I usually always manually edit my melodies even further until it sounds like I can build a whole song based on what I played and edited. Lately, I have made songs in 3 days to 2 weeks!

How will you choose the software and add-ons you use?

I use Logic X and lots of the “in box” tools and vst’s provided. 
I also use T-Racks and 
Native Instruments Suite, Keilwerth Audio Suite,Brainworx Suite,Waves,Nex
us 2,Serum,Sylenth,Breaktweaker and a bunch of others but these have been my main vst’s. 

Are you an avid believer of learning an instrument?

I used to think knowing how to play an instrument didn’t matter, but after learning how to play the piano I have become more confident in my productions. Knowing how to
play an instrument is the most rewarding feeling and opens up so many windows for you as an artist! Since I purchased my Moog Subsequent 37 I have saved so much time designing quality sounds, that it’s become my most valuable piece of equipment!

What is the only piece of DJ / production equipment that you can not live with?

I really don’t like to see Dj’s not using their headphones these days! I’m not going to get too deep into it, but it’s just not the approach I would take to Djing. 
Even with being mainly just a producer, I still take the time to mix my set’s live in front of everyone and use my ears to do it! So, if I am watching someone who is just a Dj, I expect to see them 
actually mixing!

Any artists / DJs / producers, in particular, that really influenced you?

I have been influenced by so many artists over the years, but it wasn’t until I discovered 
Dj Trashy, that I knew I was going to become a music producer! 
People here in the United States have become more familiar with dance music over the past 10 years! I remember about 15 years ago, if you told someone you liked dance music, they automatically assumed you were a homosexual or they just called
it techno! 
Nowadays most people love dance music but i would love to see people get back to being more original with what they like and not just following popular/viral artist’s! I feel that too many people are caught up in the “Smoke and Mirrors” of it all and not real music.

What is the music scene like at this moment in your country?

I just want to start with saying I am extremely fortunate to grow up in Central Florida! 
I have been exposed to so many new sounds and music trends growing up here! As a kid, my older brothers exposed me to Miami Bass and when I would go to the local skating rink “Skate Dimensions” I would hear this catchy Freestyle Electro sound that was better than what was on the radio at the time! Being exposed to Florida Breaks, Miami Bass, Electro, Hip-hop and Electronica in my area has built me up to the producer I am today!


LINK



No comments:

Post a Comment