Inside BBSAwards 2017 - one day with Beat Fatigue - Interview



Beat Fatigue is a 25 year old producer, DJ and guitarist from Amsterdam. He was ten years old when he first picked up a guitar. Inspired by his heroes such as Stevie Ray Vaughan and John Scofield he just kept on making music in any form pos s ible.Now Beat Fatigue tries to combine all the things he has picked up through his on-going musical adventure and integrate it all into one big sandwich that includes Jazz, Blues, Glitch, Dubstep, Soul, Hiphop, Neuro and Funk as the leading theme to get you dance your ass off. Beat Fatigue's main goal is to find a new sound that keeps you more awake then your mama after taking her pills and hopefully inspire some people in the process.Funky wobbly swinging bass-lines with jazzy chord progressions, some recorded midi layers, effects, vocal chops, punchy drums and a guitar-jam on top of it is what you can expect of Beat Fatigue's sound. In a live set you can expect live guitar jams with funky Glitch Hop. So if you have a long day and you need to get some sleep, we advice you not to press play, it can cause severe energy boosts and subconsciously force you into doing the pigeon dance.

Thanks for your time! Now that we are almost at the end of 2017, what are some words you would use to describe this year?

It has been a real funky, fantastic year for me! How was yours?

Dragonfruit Funk Original Mix
Can you tell us what your favourite thing is about your  track?

My favorite thing about this track is that I just love to play this one live!

Can you tell us about new project you will be working on 2017/2018?

in 2018 I want (sort of started already) to make an album working, recording and collaborating with as many other musicians as possible. And I want to do liveshows with more live musicians as well. It's a work in progress at the moment though, super excited for it nonetheless.


Imagine yourself walking into the studio; please may you talk me through a typical day? What are your habits?

I don't necessarily have particular habits every day when I get into the studio, it always depends on the mood. When I don't feel like writing music, I'll organize all my sample folders on my computer, or I'll practice the guitar or work on my live set, there is always something I can do no matter what the situation, I guess that has been a rewarding general habit so far. My ideas are mostly always created while noodling around on the guitar until I find an idea that just has something to it to build a track around.

How do you go about choosing what software and plug-ins you use?

I simply demo everything that's out there, and at the moment I am a big fan of the Acustica Audio plugins. some of the compressors and eq's they've released are just incredible!

What’s the one piece of DJ/production gear you can’t live without?

So many things I can't live without, so hard to choose one. My rme babyface pro has been such a nice addition to my workflow considering the significant low latency, and I now couldn't live without it! 


Any particular artists/dj’s/ producers that really influenced you?

That's a tough one, too many! Some names that come to mind are Isaiah Sharky, Cory Henry, Vulfpeck, Anomalie and K+Lab. There is a lot of cool music out there.

How’s the  music scene in this moment in your country?

It's awesome. Thank you for these questions, and have a good one!

LINKS
https://www.beatport.com/artist/beat-fatigue/357570
https://www.facebook.com/pg/beatfatigueofficial
https://soundcloud.com/beat-fatigue

No comments:

Post a Comment