Inside BBS Awards 2019 - One day with Dread MC - Interview


In conversation with Dread MC


Bristol (UK)

Host and MC, 120-140 bpm 
.  
Produced and directed GL street legends alongside MNP and Criz-e. 

original promoter with MNP for Devoted Promotions

PR executive for Cygnus Music

Featured on BBC Blast documentary shooting the mic which was nominated for best educational documentary

Featured on Tracks on Deca Rhythm, Dont Play, Lobster boy, Dubpolice, MTA, Lucky Beard + plus more


follow me on twitter -
twitter.com/dreadmc

instagram/ dreadmc

INTERVIEW:

BBS AWARDS 2019 

Hello and welcome to BBS AWARDS 2019
Today I have been joined by amazing artist Dread Mc
Hi! Nice to have you here in BBS Awards.

INTERVIEW: 

What are some words you would use to describe this year (2019)?

Hard work, inspiring, crazy 



Can you tell us what you like best about your favorite track produced in 2019?

There is so many tunes that I have loved of 2019 but its the feeling I get from a tune. 


Can you tell us about the new project you will be working on in 2020?

I have so much different projects I’m working on. Did a track with Left/Right called one two that has been the no1 bestseller for the breaks chart on beatport for the year. And have the remixes dropping early 2020. I’m working with lots of people outside of the UK and working with big artists as well as new emerging acts. 

Imagine walking inside the studio; please, can you speak to me through a typical day? What are your habits?

I’m a family man so days that I do have time for music starts with me on the school run then I make a cooked veggie breakfast. I go studio or visit music people for a couple of hours inbetween various phone calls. School pick up, cook dinner, wrestle and chill with the family and when misses go to bed I go studio late at night and work relentless on whatever material I have some tunes are instrumentals that I have that day sent to me or sometimes I work on material I have been sitting on for over a year. Anyone  have a session with we may chat for a few minutes but I crack on instantly recording whatever comes naturally 





Any artists / DJs / producers in particular that really influenced you?

Artists that influence me there is so many. But as I read that it has been. Taiki Nulight, Goldlink, Rider Shafique and FKA twigs 

What is the music scene like at this moment in your country?

I feel the UK is constantly thriving and it has an endless amount of talent who are not afraid to push the boundaries.  

Often, certain cities are related to certain sounds and sub-genres. Do you think that living in your city is reflected in your music?

Other people would have to answer that for me. I feel I’m so varied in my sound and I drawn influences from so many things.  



No comments:

Post a Comment